Are you interested in installing public art within the city of Greenville? Please review the information below.
The City of Greenville defines public art as art that is "situated upon public property or on private property with rights of access or viewing, or both, afforded to the City on behalf of the public at large." All applications for the placement of public art with the city of Greenville must be approved by the Arts in Public Places Commission. Applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the requested Arts in Public Places Commission meeting date. Applicants are advised to discuss proposed projects with City staff prior to submission and encouraged to attend the Arts in Public Places Commission meeting during which their application will be reviewed.
Please be prepared with the following documents when submitting your application:
- Artist proposal or scope of work
- Proof of property owner consent
- Site plan(s)
- Landscape/hardscape plan(s)
- Color photographs of proposed artwork location & surrounding area
- Artwork elevation drawings/renderings
- Description of proposed materials, colors and specifications
- Structural engineering design & foundation plan
- Project budget (required for applicants seeking funding)