Recycling Special Events
At this free event, citizens can dispose of unwanted electronics and shred paper documents. There is a limit of three (3) bags (garbage bag size) or three (3) file-size boxes no larger than (15" x 12" x 10"). Shredding trucks will be onsite until noon, or until all three shredding trucks are full.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following safety precautions will be enforced:
- Masks are required for anyone unloading materials for recycling
- Employees will not be able to unload cars; residents should be prepared to unload their own materials
City residents and businesses can drop off the items listed below for free during this special event. There is a limit of 10 electronic items per person. The City no longer is accepting fluorescent bulbs for recycling.
- Computer monitors
- Circuit boards
Christmas Tree Disposal
For the convenience of city residents, trees can be placed at the curb for collection on regularly scheduled pick-up days or taken to one of four convenient locations. All trees must be free of debris such as ornaments, tinsel, ribbons and lights.
Drop-off locations include:
- Holmes Park (Twin Lake Road & Holmes Drive)
- Timmons Park (Oxford Street & Blackburn Street)
- Gower Park (Laurel Creek Lane & Laurens Road)
- West Greenville Community Center (8 Rochester Street)
The locations listed are open until late January. Curbside pick-up within the city limits will continue for as long as needed.
OTHER CHRISTMAS RECYCLING
All holiday boxes, tissue paper and wrapping paper (except foil-lined) can be recycled at the curb and at the following locations:
- Stone Avenue Recycling Center (800 East Stone Avenue)
- North Greenville Recycling Center (514 Rutherford Road)