In accordance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Directive 1582/84-21-01, effective Tuesday, February 2, 2021, all Greenlink passengers and employees* must wear a face mask or other face covering when on board a bus or paratransit vehicle.
Per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Order, the mask requirement does not apply in the following circumstances:
- When necessary to temporarily remove the mask for identity verification.
- While eating, drinking, or taking oral medication for brief periods.**
- While communicating with a person who has a hearing impairment and the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
The CDC Order provides exemptions to the following groups:
- Children under the age of 2
- People who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, because of a disability defined by the ADA
Passengers who do not comply with this policy will be denied service. Passengers who remove their masks while on board a vehicle will be asked to replace their mask. Greenlink reserves the right to contact law enforcement for noncompliance.
*Masks for Greenlink employees will not be required in individual work spaces where social distancing can be practiced.
**The CDC has stated that a brief period should not exceed 15 minutes.