How can I file a complaint about an officer?

The Greenville Police Department encourages anyone who believes they have a valid complaint against an employee of this agency to file a report. All allegations of misconduct will be thoroughly investigated. Only by becoming aware of improprieties by our employees can we take the necessary corrective and/or disciplinary action to ensure that the department maintains the highest standards. 

If you believe you have a valid complaint, please contact the Office of Internal Affairs at 864-467-5148. You can also fill out an online complaint form and someone from Internal Affairs will contact you. All complaints receive a response.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report an incident or crime?
2. How do I leave a crime tip?
3. How do I report a crime?
4. How do I thank or commend an officer?
5. How can I file a complaint about an officer?
6. How can I check for registered South Carolina sex offenders?
7. How can I get my property back if it was recovered stolen or seized as evidence?
8. My car was towed. How do I get it back?
9. I have a question concerning a City ordinance. Where can I find the ordinance?
10. How can I contact a specific officer?
11. How do I get a copy of my police report?
12. How can I find out if someone has been arrested or is in jail?
13. My family member/friend is overdue and I'm worried about them. Can you tell me if they were in an accident?
14. How can I follow the Greenville Police Department?